Exactly what this world needs: Another self-indulgent blog.

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

"M" Doesn't Like Helmets.

"M" loves to tell stories.  She'll tell you about who drove her to work in the morning, who she sat next to during her day program, and who picked her up in the afternoon. She also has plenty of stories to tell you about her family.

Problem is, M sometimes forgets who she's told these stories to. So she'll tell you again, just to be on the safe side.   Which means I've heard some of her tales so many times, I can repeat them word for word.
I know that:

1.  Her brother and sister wear glasses, just like she does.

2. She's left handed, and so is her sister!

3. Her mother had a really high forehead.

4.  When her father moved to Colorado, he was a widower!

Over the past two years, it's safe to say that I've heard each of these facts about 100 times.   While M can't remember the amount of times that she's told me about her sister's pet duck, she's perfectly capable of remembering how I styled my hair two weeks ago.

One conversation:

M: You have your hair in pigtails!


Me: Yes I do "M".


M: Yesterday, you had your hair in a ponytail! Braided!  But usually you wear your hair to the side!

I do usually wear my hair to the side, or I did, until I got a haircut.  "M" was the first to notice.

Every once in awhile I hear something new. Yesterday was one of those days.

Me: How was day program?


M: I'm sitting in "CF's" old place.


Me: Really?


M: I hate "CF".


Me:  Why?


M: He wears a helmet . . . and he never takes it off!  He wears it all the damn time!


Me: . . .So . . . you don't like helmets, huh?


M: I don't even want to look at him! 

In "M"'s world, helmets are a big don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment